Friday, October 16, 2009

The Golden Gate Bridge, Jumper Stilts and Me.


During my travels down to San Fransisco my friend asked me if I ever thought of crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on my bio mechanical stilts, I asked how long it was and realized that it will be no problem. Little did I know what was going to happen on 9/11/2009 and how it would change my way of viewing what I do. I did some research and discovered that back in May 27th 1937 when they opened the bridge to the public, a person named Florentine Calegari crossed this bridge on stilts, both ways...so I was not able to discover if they were still alive, but did make a shirt with their name on it in honor of such an  accomplishment.

This video will show what happened when I decided to do the same thing but with my bio-mechanical stilts instead.

No comments: